Monday, September 28, 2009

Elephant Graveyard...

One of my favorite things to take pictures of is Old Cars. I found a place just outside of Cortez Colorado that I endearingly refer to as the Elephant Graveyard. There are 'No Trespassing' signs posted along the perimeter of the property, and a huge for sale sign at the front gate. If I had the money, I would buy the place.
Don't worry, I did ask permission for the real estate agent to walk on the property...she said I was more than welcome to do it but not to be surprised if a man with a shotgun approached me. The reward was worth the risk...at least for me.

Last time I passed through, I took the picture at the header of the page...this time I took a similar one...amazing how the sky can change the mood:




Along with some more of my favorite car from different angles.



Where's Waldo (aka Travis)?





I don't want you to get too bored looking at pics of the same car so I've added some more:











A little bit closer to the Utah border is a tree sitting by itself in the middle of a field. It's a lot prettier now than it is in December.





It makes you wonder what other little treasures can be found throughout the United States...take the time to visit the small towns!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Travis. That's right, you heard me. I called your pictures of beat up old junkers beautiful. I'm so happy you found you favorite car and your favorite tree and took pictures of them. That is such a great idea. I like that car. That picture is in my room and I love it! :) Keep up the awesome photography skills!

    ReplyDelete